Monday, October 21, 2013

Night Noodle Markets 2013, Sydney

It's that time of the year again! The Night Noodle Markets have once again made there way to Sydney Hyde Park for the masses to enjoy. Definitely the shining highlight of Good Food Month, the markets are getting bigger and better each year. 200,000 people flooded the event last year that for the first time ever the markets are now open on Saturday evenings.

This year I was invited by Rekorderlig Cider to check our they're marquee and enjoy some cheeky beverages which I happily obliged. Rekorderlig has always been my favourite cider and I personally really admire their social media marketing campaigns and overall funky brand.

I love the whimsical feel of Rekorderlig's beer cider garden. The mood is definitely geared towards the cool kids with the DJ pumping beats all night.

Luckily for me Wednesday nights didn't appear to be the most popular night of the markets so it was easy to snag a seat and queues were manageable throughout the night.


The lanterns were a firm crowd favourite but I would've loved to see them at every entrance of the park.

Delicious dumplings - that's really what the markets are all about!



You'll be pleased to know that Rekorderlig's most popular flavour, strawberry-lime, will soon be available on tap in bars across Sydney. I for one can't wait although I'd personally prefer apple-blackcurrant or mango-raspberry. Hopefully the launch will be a resounding success and more flavours will follow in due time.

Strawberry-lime Rekorderlig Cider, Passionfruit Rekorderlig Cider

Curry Chicken Roll

Char Kway Teow

There's so much food to enjoy at the markets that I'd recommend getting a bit of everything to sample. I know the markets are a little bit of a novelty with food obviously sold at a premium but I think it's a fun night out with friends.

You've still got one more week to enjoy the Night Noodle Markets and I'd definitely recommend a visit to the Rekordlerig marquee.



Night Noodle Markets
October 9-12, 14-19, 21-26
Mon-Tue 5-9pm, Wed 5-10pm, Thu-Fri 5-11pm, Sat 4-10pm
Hyde Park North, Sydney

Disclaimer - I was invited to visit the Rekorderlig marquee at the Night Noodle Markets. I was not paid for this post and all opinions are honest and my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Cider makes every night better! lol. Those crispy bottomed buns look tasty too!

    ReplyDelete